Serving Size: 2-4 people. Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for pasta sauce:
3 tablespoons of Sou Family Recipes Traditional Cambodian Lemongrass Seasoning
Half of cup of vegan butter
1-2 tablespoons of flour
Half of cup of water
1 teaspoon of dried basil seasoning
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper seasoning (optional)
Ingredients for veggie mix:
1/2 tablespoon of oil
1 pound of soyrizo (This is a vegan version of Chorizo. You can get this at a Trader Joes or Costco)
Half of sliced cabbage head
1/2 of pound of cooked pasta
1/2 of sliced yellow onions
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon of dried mint seasoning (optional)
Instructions for veggie mix:
- Add oil and heat pan to medium-high heat. Once pan seemed like it is hot enough, add the sliced cabbage. Mix cabbage around until soft and tender. Then add the onions.
- Mix well until onions are cooked just the way you like it.
- Add soyrizo and mix well again.
- (Optional) You can add mint, sugar and salt; however, the soyrizo is pretty flavorful and I recommend adding just that. If not enough flavor, then add a little salt and sugar to increase flavor.
Instructions for pasta sauce:
- Heat pan on medium-high heat. Add butter until melted. Then add Sou Family Traditional Cambodian Lemongrass Seasoning.
- Mix both ingredients well.
- Then turn down heat to medium. Slowly add the flour and at the same time use a spatula to quickly stir the flour. Quickly add water and turn up heat to medium-high. Again mix ingredients until it looks like what it is in the picture.
- Add basil and crush red pepper seasoning.
- Then mix cooked pasta into sauce.
- Then add the veggie mix to the pasta. You are now ready to eat!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram @soufamilyrecipes!